Introducing the Dales of Derby
The Dales of Derby is purpose-built group accommodation catering for up to 24 people. The contemporary architecture comprises a warm interior with thoughtful attention to detail, and is arranged to ensure a natural flow for even the largest group.
The generous common area with a wood heater and full kitchen forms the hub of the building. This is a place to gather in the mornings for breakfast and to plan the adventures of the day ahead, then regroup in the evenings to recount your feats and discoveries.
When it’s finally time to wind up for the evening, retire to the comfortable sleeping area. Four rooms feature queen-sized beds and the remaining two rooms in the sleeping area contain group bunk bed accommodations for 16.
The Dales was awarded the 2019 Barry McNeill Award for Sustainable Architecture along with the Commercial Architecture Award by the Australian Institute of Architects, Tasmanian Chapter. see pmdarchitecture
Amenities & Features
- Group accommodation for up to 24 people
- 16 bunk beds
- 4 queen beds
- Linen & Towels included
- Shared bathroom/toilets
- Wheelchair access (including toilet/shower)
- Large common living/dining room with wood heater
- Fully equipped, commercial-quality kitchen
- Manual espresso coffee machine (& grinder)
- Outdoor BBQ
- Undercover deck
- Locked store for bikes and other equipment
- River access
- Off street parking
- 5 minute walk/1 minute bike to Derby town centre/Trailhead